F-5 Visa in Korea – Immigration Guide

F-5 visa

All about F-5 visa (permanent residence)

What is it?

Do you want to live in Korea without any restrictions? F-5 visa, so called  green card, is a permanent residence visa. There are no restrictions for your job or length of stay. You can stay in Korea as long as you want, and you can get any job you want. (Of course, not the illegal ones.) You must stay in Korea for certain time, in order to get this visa.


Required length of stay before getting an F-5 visa

  1. In case you have F-2 or F-4 visa, you must have lived in Korea for more than 2 years.
  2. If you have F-6-1, F-6-2, or F-6-3 visa, you must have lived in Korea for more than 2 years, or be married for 3 years and have lived in Korea for more than 1 year.
  3. If you have a H-2 visa, you must be working for more than 4 years in the field of manufacturing, agriculture, and caregiver.
  4. In case you have D-7 to E-7 visa, you must have lived in Korea for more than 5 years.



Generally, you need an application form(download the form), passport, ARC, criminal records of your home country, and registration fee.

You also need to meet income, property, residence requirements. You also need to pass an official Korean proficiency test such as TOPIK. Sometimes, these requirements might be exempted according to your status. For instance, if you are an F-6 visa holder, you don’t need to meet income requirements, but if you are an F-4 visa holder,  you need to meet income requirements which is about 64,000,000 KRW.


Who is not eligible?

Those who committed crime in the past, or those who submitted a false document might be rejected from getting an F-5 visa. Also, those who have violated the Immigration Control Law in the past 3 years, cannot get the visa.



For specific details, you can visit  Hi Korea website.

Do you want to know how to get an ARC?
Read an article about Alien Registration Card.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *